When users decide to cancel their memberships, one way to change their minds is to offer them a discount if they decide to continue.
Now there is a way to do this easily with Verotel. All you need to do is configure the “Offer a discount to canceling members” option in the website detail. Here, you can set the discount ( allowed range of 10 – 50%) which will be applied to the rebill price if the user decides to continue his/her membership.
- The discount is only offered when the user confirms the cancellation.
- When the user accepts the discount offer, then his/her future rebills will use this discounted price.
- The next time the user decides to cancel, the discount will not be offered again.
- If the discount offer is not accepted, the rebill cancellation is performed, even if the page is just closed or left open without any further action.
- If page is left open without any further action, then in 15 minutes the user is redirected to the page that would appear after confirming cancellation (and the rebill is cancelled).
- If the user closes the page, the cancellation is performed by a background process after 30 minutes.
- If the user repeats the cancellation within the “cancel pending” period he/she would be offered the discount again.
This is how the user will see the offer: